Private Lesson and Group Class Instructors
Ethos is always accepting resumes for part-time faculty positions to teach private and group lessons on site in North Portland and off site at outreach sites throughout Portland. When openings become available we will review our application pool and be in touch with top applicants. If we do not have an opening and your qualifications match our needs, your resume will be kept on file for up to a year. Ethos is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
- Teach weekly music lessons and track student attendance.
- Choose appropriate repertoire.
- Create a learning environment that balances expectations and structure with compassion and creativity.
- Maintain open communication with Ethos Music Center’s administrative staff about schedule.
- Maintain an organized and functional classroom.
- Promote a positive workplace environment.
- Experience teaching private lessons.
- Self-motivation and ability to structure a course of private music lessons or group class.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Dedication to increasing students’ access to music education and enthusiasm about Ethos’ mission.
- A degree in Music Education or Performance.
- Fluency in Spanish.
- 3 + years of teaching group and/or private lessons to youth.
- Experience as a musician or other performing artist.
- Saturday availability.
$22/hr (private lessons)
$24/hr (group classes)
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. To apply, please submit a resumé and cover letter to Adam Goodwin.