Organization: Ethos, Inc.
Organization Mission: Ethos is dedicated to the promotion of music and music-based education for youth in underserved communities.
Location: Portland, Oregon
Job title: Admissions Manager
Pay Range: $28,000 – $35,000
Benefits: Full medical coverage after 60-day probation period. Paid vacation time accrues at the rate of 8 hours / month, after 60 days. Vacation accrual increases to 12 hours / month after 3 years of fulltime employment. 10 paid major holidays are also offered to employees.
Reports to: Director of Programs
Hours per week / Job Status: Exempt employee with typical schedule consisting of 40 hrs/week, Monday – Friday 10:00am – 6:00pm. However, in occasions such as recitals, Ethos special events and meetings, employee will be expected to exceed scheduled work hours to include late-night, early morning and weekend work.
Summary of Position: Ethos’ Admissions Manager is the first point of contact for in-house private and group music lessons held at Ethos headquarters located at 2 N. Killingsworth St. The position is responsible for managing, scheduling and coordinating music lessons and managing relationships with Ethos’ faculty and families.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Ethos’ Admission Manager supervises one part-time front desk Admissions Assistant and assists the Program director in managing instructors.
- Direct the flow of the lobby, welcoming families and responding to parent and student needs in a thoughtful and comprehensive manner.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all private lesson faculty including knowledge of their personalities, teaching styles and studio requirements to facilitate appropriate placement of students for lessons.
- Take the lead in the preparation of quarterly class catalogs, class registration, and class rosters.
- Configure online registration for lessons, group classes, and camps.
- Maintain up-to-date records in the student and parent database on all families.
- Stay up-to-date on Ethos class and camp offerings, community events and other activities to facilitate registration and participation by students and parents. Learn as much as possible about Ethos, our programs and our instructors and display knowledge and enthusiasm with families and co-workers.
- Collect and record payments for private and group lessons, camps and instrument rentals, including follow up on overdue payments.
- Answer the phone, direct call, answer questions, take messages and return calls.
- Promote a positive workplace at all times and communicate with management about all concerns in a timely manner.
- Reconcile till in accordance with established Ethos procedures.
- Maintain master classroom schedule and coordinate class offerings in conjunction with Ethos’ Program Directors.
- Manage instructor payroll.
- Participate in the process of hiring instructors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two or more years experience in a fast-paced customer relations position.
- Full competency in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- A proactive work ethic, positive attitude and an investment in the transformative qualities of music education.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with a careful attention to detail.
- Familiarity with music education and music terms.
- Fluency in Spanish is strongly preferred.
To apply submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted through April 17th.