Organization Mission: Ethos is dedicated to the promotion of music and music-based education for youth in underserved communities.
Location: Portland, Oregon
Starting pay: $11.00 – $14.00/hr
Hours per week: 25 hrs/wk
Reports To: Admissions Manager
Summary of Position: Ethos’ Admissions Assistant is the first point of contact for in-house private and group music lessons held at Ethos headquarters at 2 N. Killingsworth St. The position is responsible for managing, scheduling and coordinating music lessons and managing relationships with Ethos’ faculty and families.
1. Direct the flow of the lobby, welcoming families and responding to parent and student needs in a thoughtful and comprehensive manner.
2. Stay up-to-date on Ethos class and camp offerings, community events and other activities to facilitate registration and participation by students and parents. Learn as much as possible about Ethos, our programs and our instructors and display knowledge and enthusiasm with families and co-workers.
3. Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all private lesson faculty including knowledge of their personalities, teaching styles and studio requirements to facilitate appropriate placement of students for lessons.
4. Maintain up-to-date records in the student and parent database on all families.
5. Collect and record payments for private and group lessons, camps and instrument rentals.
6. Answer the phone, direct calls, answer questions, take messages and return calls.
7. Promote a positive workplace at all times and communicate with management about all concerns in a timely manner.
8. Reconcile till in accordance with established Ethos procedures.
9. Available Saturdays 10-2pm.
1. Two or more years experience in a fast-paced customer relations position.
2. Full competency in the Microsoft Office Suite.
3. A proactive work-ethic, positive attitude and an investment in the transformative qualities of music education.
4. Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
5. Excellent organizational and administrative skills with a careful attention to detail.
6. Familiarity with music education and basic music terms.
7. Fluency in Spanish is strongly preferred.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled, but review of applications will begin on March 20, 2017. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter by email only to email@example.com.